If you would like to improve your oral health care if you are suffering from diabetes, it is a must to get your diabetes treated and under control so it will not continue to plague your smile. The effects of diabetes on your oral health include the following:
– Almost 10% of the US population has diabetes, as it is much more common than you think, and thus dentists are trained to help treat individuals with diabetes properly with their oral health care.
– Diabetes can make your mouth produce less saliva and promote dry mouth symptoms, which can raise your risk for tooth decay and gum disease.
– Diabetes can result in a delayed recovery time with any oral ailments you may suffer from.
– A blend of regular dental visits and a great oral hygiene routine will upgrade the quality of your oral health care if you are suffering from diabetes.
– Oral health ailments like gum disease can increase blood sugar, which in turn makes diabetes more difficult to handle.
If you would like to discuss an oral health care treatment with Dr. Kevin Solis and the rest of our team here at Solis Dental Group, please schedule an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Moline, Illinois. Our number is 309-764-4944. We are here to proudly keep you and your smile healthy and happy.