Are you familiar with dental erosion and how it can destroy your smile? If you are not aware, dental erosion is typically caused by harmful acids that will slowly wear away your tooth enamel. Although your tooth enamel is strong and designed to protect the inner workings of a tooth, it can be slowly worn down but harmful acids. Thus, it is important to be aware of what the causes of dental erosion are and what you can do to treat it, including the following:
– To help limit your risk for dental erosion, it is important to be aware that acid reflux disease, medications, genetic predispositions, environmental factors, dry mouth, and unhealthy substances in your diet can all lead to tooth decay and dental erosion.
– You can help protect against dental erosion by brushing and flossing your teeth every day. Alternatively, other treatment habits are helpful, including chewing sugarless gum after meals and using mouthwash.
– It is important to make sure your mouth is producing enough saliva to help keep it clean. Saliva can help neutralize acids and wash away debris.
– Always use safe and effective tools that do not further contribute to dental abrasion.
– Exercise caution with your diet whenever possible to ensure your tooth enamel can remain strong.
If you think you need oral health care treatments to protect your smile from dental erosion, please call Solis Dental Group so we can get you in to see Dr. Kevin Solis and our team as soon as possible. Our office is conveniently located in Moline, Illinois. To contact us, call our office at 309-764-4944.